5.14.2008

just like steve mcqueen



I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only thing hotter than Steve McQueen in his prime would be a Texas heat wave. My week-long visit to Austin saw the mercury reach the high 90s two days in a row. Not that I was complaining....so what does Steve have to do with my recent getaway? My fabulous host, Kenneth, just so happens to have a motorcycle that is a replica of a Triumph 'Scrambler' McQueen used to ride out in the desert in the late 60s. (K's blue model looks like this- plus, it has paniers on the back which are perfect for storing sunscreen, towels, wet bathing suits and tequila.) I am not normally a tire biter, but driving around town on its black leather bitch pad all week, zooming from swimming hole to cocktail bar to Tex-Mex eatery to barbeque joint to dance hall to roadhouse made me feel....like I was on vacation. Carpe diem, baby.

No comments: